Monday, July 12, 2010

Inaugural Meeting

Our very first meeting was a huge success! We met at Melissa's "bachelorette pad" downtown Minneapolis on Friday, July 9th. Amy Parks brought champagne and we all brought goodies to eat. There was also plenty of wine and martinis being poured!

The book we read was "Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons" by Lorna Landvik. Andrea chose the book as our first read because it was about a ladies book club here in Minneapolis! Totally fitting. The book followed this group of five women through the 60s, 70s, 80s and the 90s. It was fun to read how they and their families grew throughout the generations.

2 comments:

  1. i concur with everything Amy B. said! Melissa, send Amy some of the photos we took of our inaugural meeting! Looking forward to seeing you ladies for the next chapter in this brand new adventure we are all on!
    Amy P.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book was good but the discussion of the book was a lot better in my opinion. I loved the various topics we covered and how this book could bring out so many different topics for discussion. Still debating who we are in comparison to the characters of the book and I think we'll be debating that for awhile.

    For prosperity sake, I'd like to comment on one of the topics that really brought home a point with me and that was with Merit's character. The one point is wondering how, when you're in the situation, to understand where the fine line of tolerance to being taken advantage of comes. In her example, it seems obvious but yet I wonder, if in the situation, how differently I would react.

    Looking forward to the next meeting. Pictures coming soon!

    ReplyDelete